Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"here I raise mine ebenezer..."

today, i begin number 11...


since may 24, 2006 you have kept track of my daily living. you keep my deepest thoughts, share my fondest memories, comfort my unhinged moments, guard my most personal glimpses of Jesus, witness my absentmindedness, understand my fears, embrace my failures, and watch as i grow. 

almost two years later and i am still fond of your pages. i think if you could talk, you would tell me about the places you have traveled, the people that you have met, and the movement that you have inspired. you would talk about how you can be trusted, and how you long to be used for good. you would speak of art and poetry and creation. i wonder how much has been created on your pages? were you there for the beginning of great pieces of literature? do you hold the answers to some of history's greatest questions? are you fond of our stories? 

thank you for keeping my life bound between your covers. thank you for becoming the milestones that I have built along the way to remember where I have come from. 

yours truly, 

leslie

1 comment: